What might I feel during a session?
Precautions for working with the Conscious Connected Breath in groups
Breathwork with the Conscious Connected Breath can result in certain specific physiological changes in the body and also physical and emotional release.
Please be aware that these sessions are safe and often deeply healing, and can sometimes cause and are not limited to:
* Trembling or shaking other physical sensations
* Emotional experiences
* Experience of energy moving through your body
As a precaution, the care is needed for the following conditions for anyone thinking of practicing the Conscious Connected Breath in a group setting whether online or at a workshop. You may need one to one work, to start with more gentle breathwork or to be referred to a specialist. It is crucial that you inform your breathwork practitioner if any of the following conditions are relevant to you:
* Detached Retina
* High Blood Pressure (not controlled with medication)
* Cardiovascular disease including angina, previous heart attack or stroke.
* Diagnosis of aneurysm in the brain or abdomen
* Uncontrolled thyroid conditions and diabetes
* Asthma - if you are asthmatic, you are welcome to attend providing you bring your inhaler to the session.
* Prior diagnosis of bipolar disorder, schizophrenia or previous psychiatric condition.
* Hospitalisation for any psychiatric condition or emotional crisis within the last 10 years.
* Any other medical, psychiatric or physical conditions which would impair or affect ability to engage in any activities that involve intense physical and/or emotional release.
It is each participant’s responsibility to look after their own physical, emotional and mental wellbeing. Deborah Maddison takes no responsibility for injury you may sustain as a result of participating in this session.
Conscious Connected Breath as a part of Integrative Breathwork is a powerful healing modality.
Shorter sessions of 30 minutes or less, are generally much more gentle and highly suitable for beginners.
Deborah always guides participants to find their safe anchor to come back to, and how to make any experience gentle for anyone and beginners in particular.
Most of the time, most people find this a deeply enjoyable experience that takes them more into the body to let go, and inhabit the body in a more alive way, but it's important to be aware that especially the longer sessions are a profound kind of psychotherapy in their own right, designed to meet and integrate old held patterns, emotions, and sometimes trauma. We bypass the mind's control to build bridges to what's underneath and gently bring it into acceptance. If you have any doubt or concerns at all, please start with a shorter 20-30 minute session to get a feel for it or contact Deborah for a free 20 minute chat.